Former Senior VP of Walt Disney Studios; Former president of National Geographic Films, raising $125 million in production financing; CEO of Entertainment Media Partner
Fee Range: Call For Quote
Adam Leipzig is one of those rare leaders who has the ability to truly deliver. As a game-changing visionary and leader, Adam has been a producer, distributor or supervising executive on more than 25 films that have disrupted expectations, » Read Full Bio
Adam Leipzig is one of those rare leaders who has the ability to truly deliver. As a game-changing visionary and leader, Adam has been a producer, distributor or supervising executive on more than 25 films that have disrupted expectations, including March of the Penguins, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Dead Poets Society, and Titus. His movies have won or been nominated for 10 Academy Awards, 11 BAFTA Awards, 2 Golden Globes, 2 Emmys, 2 Directors Guild Awards, 4 Sundance Awards and 4 Independent Spirit Awards.
Adam is the former president of National Geographic Films, where he raised $125 million in production financing, and he is a former Senior VP of Walt Disney Studios.
Currently, as the CEO of Entertainment Media Partners, he is providing informed guidance, dealmaking intelligence and relevant connections for corporations and prestige media companies to garner greater success in the marketplace. He is, also, the publisher of the popular digital magazine Cultural Weekly. In addition to his filmed entertainment experience, Adam has launched more than 300 theatre plays and performance events, written for the New York Times and other publications, authored an acclaimed book for independent filmmakers, designed and built 4 successful businesses.
Results from Disney to Penguins
Working with the “Top 10” worldwide brands such as National Geographic and Disney, his accomplishments naturally emerged as household names, including March of the Penguins, Dead Poets Society and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Collectively, Adam’s projects have generated over $2 billion in revenue on $300 million production spending and twice, he has been responsible for the ‘most profitable picture of the year.’
Creating Massive Value
Adam is expert at training people how to design ideal environments for unsurpassed creativity and remarkable success, as he has demonstrated that his ideas do transform the ideal environment into massive value. People and companies who work with him have achieved immense profits and growth. Adam generously assists others in leading, directing and manifesting their creative works and major projects to produce academy-award winning accolades. He is brilliant in his ability to transmit the “how to do’s” and “what to do’s” in a way that really makes it happen. A natural team builder, he whole-heartedly supports organizations in building and supporting teams to achieve optimum results.
• As CEO of Entertainment Media Partners, advises prestige brands, investors and filmmakers on how to navigate the shark infested waters of Hollywood.
• As President of National Geographic Films, transformed the company into a full-service operation, obtaining $125 million in financing.
• As Senior Vice President, Walt Disney Studios, was part of small exec team led by Michael Eisner and Jeffery Katzenberg that truly transformed the then faltering studio into the powerhouse it has become today.
• As Publisher of Cultural Weekly, launching a digital magazine and lifestyle brand aimed at supporting creativity and elevating our cultural discussion.
• As faculty at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, training C-level and high-potential executives in communication and audience connection.
• As an advisor, working with Rand McNally to design and develop new products for new markets.
• As Producer and Dramaturg, building the Los Angeles Theatre Center, a 4-theatre, 1200-seat performing arts complex.
• As an entrepreneur and “intra-preneur,” launching and operating 4 successful businesses.
• As a producer and executive, working with legendary executives Jeffrey Katzenberg and Michael Eisner; great actors including Tom Hanks, Ed Harris, Saoirse Ronan, Drew Barrymore, Bruce Willis, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins and Elijah Wood; talented directors including Robert Altman, Peter Weir, Peter Yates, Cherien Dabis, Lu Chuan, Julie Taymor, Luc Jacquet, Jon Turteltaub, and Joe Johnston; and superb writers, including Jon Robin Baitz, David Henry Hwang, Michael Frayn, William Mastrosimone, Donald Freed, Miguel Piñero, and Luis Valdez.